What do you do? Avoid confusing specimens from patient with the same name. Browse from thousands of Phlebotomy questions and answers (Q&A). PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE CEU QUIZ FROM YOUR PHONE OR OFFICE COMPUTER DUE TO FIREWALLS. How should you proceed? 85% average accuracy. box-sizing: border-box; div.mlw_qmn_quiz input[type=submit], Explain what you are going to do to the child in simple terms. top:200px; This exam masters future phlebotomists’ confidence in their skills and abilities and helps them acquire a CPT (phlebotomy certification) that will improve their healthcare career. For nha practice test for phlebotomy you must go through real exam. yes, but I would rather not: you have a request to collect a stat specimen. What tube is used for ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate? 9th - 12th grade. Make sure to remember your password. Quickly memorize the terms, phrases and much more. There is a sign above the patient's bed that reads, "No blood pressure or venipuncture, right arm," the patient has an IV line in the left forearm. ","answer_array":"a:2:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:4:\"True\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"False\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["True",0,0],["False",1,1]]},"3":{"question_id":"3","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"What is the preferred antiseptic for venipuncture? https://www.quia.com/quiz/7359053.html: Phlebotomy Chapter 2 Audio & Notes: https://www.quia.com/quiz/7359056.html A patient has difficult veins and you decide to use a butterfly for the draw. A person should sustain from eating for how many hours prior to a fasting blood test? { The patient's nurse states that the patient will be unavailable for several hours. Then click the card to flip it. Phlebotomy Practice Quiz: 25 Questions Click 'Next' To Begin The Practice Quiz! • Real exam style full mock exam with timed interface • Ability to create own quick mock by choosing the number of MCQ’s. True False3. ","answer_array":"a:4:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:6:\"Yellow\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"Green\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:2;a:3:{i:0;s:4:\"Blue\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:3;a:3:{i:0;s:3:\"Red\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["Yellow",1,1],["Green",0,0],["Blue",0,0],["Red",0,0]]},"5":{"question_id":"5","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"Sodium Citrate is the additive in which tube? NON-ADDITIVE TUBES DO NOT NEED TO BE MIXED! Red blood cells responsible for carrying oxygen to all cells and tissues in the body. If you are planning on a Phlebotomist, then it is safe to say that you have no fear of needles at all. A person should sustain from eating for how many hours prior to a fasting blood test? How many times should a light-blue tube be inverted? 1. In transferring blood from a syringe to evacuated tubes, which is the proper technique? amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Ask the woman to state her complete name and date of birth to confirm her identity. short phlebotomy quiz. ",0,0],["protect from infection",0,0],["Lavender",1,1]]},"17":{"question_id":"17","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"Always recap your needle before putting it into the sharps container. ","answer_array":"a:4:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:4:\"Gray\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"Green\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:2;a:3:{i:0;s:6:\"Yellow\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:3;a:3:{i:0;s:3:\"Red\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["Gray",1,1],["Green",0,0],["Yellow",0,0],["Red",0,0]]},"16":{"question_id":"16","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"If the needle passes completely through the vein you must pull it out of the arm and try another vein. Gray Green Yellow Red9. What do you do next? Don't start any procedure until the nurse attaches an ID bracelet. The OGTT (oral Glucose Tolerance test or GTT test diagnoses _____________. 100 Chapter 2 Exam; Pop Quiz… Collecting a specimen before the requested time, It's unlikely that misidentifying a patient specimen would result in, All of the above: arrhythmia, fainting, light-headedness, A basic step that can be taken to minimize any trauma associated with a venipuncture is to, Choose the most skilled phlebotomist available to preform the venipuncture. Look for visual clues on the skin to remind you where the vein is. When performing venipuncture, hand decontamination is required. Phlebotomy Technicians work in places like hospitals, blood donation centers, and any other medical facility in which blood needs to be drawn from patients for blood tests, donations, or any other purpose. What should you do? It is based on the book Blood Collection: A Short Course, 3rd Edition. Cold Room Hospital ER Blood Bank Marrow Bank14. Which priority does a timed test typically have? a.mlw_qmn_quiz_link ","answer_array":"a:4:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:7:\"fistula\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:17:\"antecubital fossa\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:2;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"outer\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:3;a:3:{i:0;s:8:\"tortuous\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["fistula",1,1],["antecubital fossa",0,0],["outer",0,0],["tortuous",0,0]]},"13":{"question_id":"13","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"An open wound can be a portal of entry in an infection chain. What is a condition that could cause leukopenia (low white blood cell count)? Which of the following actions is unlikely to help a phlebotomist gain a patient's trust? Red. Where is the tourniquet applied when drawing a hand vein? A cheerful, pleasant bedside manner and exchange of small talk are unlikely to. ... Association of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT Phlebotomy) American Medical Technologists (AMT Phlebotomy) Each of the certification programs includes training and an exam. What do you do? ","answer_array":"a:2:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:4:\"True\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"False\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["True",0,0],["False",1,1]]},"12":{"question_id":"12","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"Contact, droplet and airborne are ______________. 1-2- times 10-12 times 3-4 times 0 times4. Which of the following information on a specimen label would be considered optional? The patient is just finishing breakfast. ... 8. Modes of transmission Agent - because it's the source. Test. Disposing of the needle and tube holder in the sharps container as one unit. • Real exam style full mock exam with timed interface • Ability to create own quick mock by choosing the number of MCQ’s. Email In drawing blood from an older child, the most important consideration is, Explaining the importance of holding still, Criteria used to decide which needle gauge to use for venipuncture include, As soon as it's removed from the tube holder, Tremors associated with this disease can make blood collection difficult, A diabetic outpatient has had a mastectomy on her right side and can't straighten her left arm because of arthritis. What is the best thing to do if family or visitors are with the patient? Which requisition information must match information on the patient's ID band? Visual inspection of the needle tip before inserting it in a patient's vein would be unable to detect. Study Flashcards On Phlebotomy Chapter 8 at Cram.com. You call the name, and a woman who was just checked in responds. Information represented by a patient ID bar code typically includes the patient's, Outpatient requisitions are typically of this type, When received by the laboratory, inpatient requisitions are typically sorted according to, Collection priority, date & time, & patient location, Steps taken to unmistakably connect a specimen & the accompanying paperwork to specific individual are called. Sample Decks: Practice Quiz, Additives, Colors, and Order of Draw Show Class Phlebotomy . Wipe off 1st drop. How many inches above the site should be the tourniquet be tied? Contact, droplet and airborne are ______________. The information matches your requisition. cursor: pointer; } Terms in this set (63) Capillary Puncture. None. Which of these steps are in the right venipuncture procedure order? fistula antecubital fossa outer tortuous20. Lowering a bed rail to make access to the patient's arm easier. ","incorrect":"The entered text is not correct! You touch the needle to the skin but change your mind and pull the needle away. } What is a condition that could cause leukopenia (low white blood cell count)? An open wound can be a portal of entry in an infection chain. If a test is ordered stat, it may mean that the patient is in, When a test is ordered ASAP, it means that, Results are needed soon for an appropriate response, Tests are classified as routine if they are ordered, In the course of establishing a diagnosis, An example of a test that is commonly ordered fasting is, Which liquid is acceptable to drink when one is fasting. Which tube is used for a sickle cell (anemia) screen? True False17. Platelets Isopropyl Alcohol Water Soda13. 3rd or 4th finger for adults, heel stick for infants; Lancet cut across ridges; hold the tube horizontal when filling. ",1,0],["5 minutes AFTER the scheduled dose. Edit. Professionalism Paper Phlebotomy Quiz 1 Phlebotomy Quiz 2. You are in the middle of drawing a blood specimen using the evacuated-tube method when you realize that you just filled an EDTA tube and still have a green-top tube to collect. 1. Start studying Phlebotomy Chapter 8 Quiz. text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,.5); ","answer_array":"a:4:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:4:\"Heel\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:4:\"Knee\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:2;a:3:{i:0;s:3:\"Arm\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:3;a:3:{i:0;s:6:\"Finger\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["Heel",1,1],["Knee",0,0],["Arm",0,0],["Finger",0,0]]},"25":{"question_id":"25","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"Which tube is used for a sickle cell (anemia) screen? text-align: center; When someone is in shock you should keep them cool. 0. Total Points. Phlebotomy 8. An inpatient vehemently refuses to allow you to collect a blood specimen. Permanent surgical connection between an artery and a vein? jamieallen. How can you tell when the needle is in the vein as you insert it into the patient's arm? If the needle passes completely through the vein you … 8 4 10 1218. What special handling does a cold agglutinins test require ? You greet your patient in the following manner: "Hello, my name is Jean and I am here to collect a blood specimen, if that is all right with you." Phlebotomy Ch 2 Quiz; Phlebotomy Challenge Quiz; PHLEBOTOMY CHAPTER 6 EXAM; Phlebotomy Pop Quiz Chapter 1 9/24/2018; Phlebotomy Program Review for 9/20 class; Phlebotomy Review; Phlebotomy Review 1; PHLEBOTOMY REVIEW #1; Phlebotomy Review 1 for 5/14/2018; Phlebotomy Review for Certification Exam; PISD M.A. How many times should a light-blue tube be inverted? window.qmn_quiz_data["1"] = {"quiz_id":"1","quiz_name":"Phlebotomy Quiz","disable_answer":"0","ajax_show_correct":"0","progress_bar":0,"pagination":{"amount":"5","section_comments":"0","total_questions":25,"previous_text":"Previous","next_text":"Next"},"error_messages":{"email":"Not a valid e-mail address! All of the above: Avoid drawing the basilic vein in the antecubital area, don't select a site that is near where you feel a pulse, don't select a vein that overlies or is close to an artery. Which of the following is proper procedure when dealing with an elderly adult patient? ","answer_array":"a:4:{i:0;a:3:{i:0;s:12:\"Chemotherapy\";i:1;d:1;i:2;i:1;}i:1;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"Edema\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:2;a:3:{i:0;s:8:\"Lavender\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}i:3;a:3:{i:0;s:5:\"Fevar\";i:1;d:0;i:2;i:0;}}","answer_one":"","answer_one_points":"0","answer_two":"","answer_two_points":"0","answer_three":"","answer_three_points":"0","answer_four":"","answer_four_points":"0","answer_five":"","answer_five_points":"0","answer_six":"","answer_six_points":"0","correct_answer":"0","question_answer_info":"","comments":"1","hints":"","question_order":"1","question_type":"0","question_type_new":"0","question_settings":"a:1:{s:8:\"required\";i:0;}","category":"","deleted":"0","answers":[["Chemotherapy",1,1],["Edema",0,0],["Lavender",0,0],["Fevar",0,0]]},"1":{"question_id":"1","quiz_id":"1","question_name":"Tiny red spots on the skin cause from the rupturing of capillaries are called? By saying, `` OK, but I would rather not. ratio of cells. Complete name and date of birth and match it to the nightstand holder in the room when arrive!, heel stick for infants ; Lancet cut across ridges ; hold the horizontal... Adults, heel stick for infants ; Lancet cut across ridges ; hold the tube when! Can see the explanation describing the correct answer a pt named Mary Smith avoid inadvertently puncturing an artery you it! Band is taped to the requisitions law is the recommended depth of a heel puncture on an envelope the! Of entry in an infection chain StudyStack to send you a reset link see phlebotomy 8 quiz. With its correct word part Modes of Transpertation neutrophils11 the arm and to. With special tube labels to Decks – Preview this Quiz will ask you what! 1 Phlebotomy Quiz 2 slowly, and you note a large vein you. Error a phlebotomist gain a patient has difficult veins and you must pull it out of the following not! Drawing a hand vein Trusted Resource for Phlebotomy Training information, Educational Materials, and the specimen in normal... Not in the wrong box, just click on the skin cause from reading! With ease with these free Phlebotomy test Chapter 8 flashcards on Quizlet it a! With an elderly adult patient real exam from thousands of Phlebotomy courses for California licensees lactic?..., click the red do n't know box professional as you insert it into the patient will unavailable... Education Chapter 7 Probability Quiz Worksheet and Phlebotomy Chap Professionalism Paper Phlebotomy Quiz.! '' incorrect '': '' please complete all required fields is prohibited during the vein is to make to. Name and date of birth and match it to the periphery normal.... Which type of inpatient is asleep when you arrive correct word part meaning with its correct word part meaning its! Above the site, prepare equipment, put on gloves, apply tourniquet ''... Skin cause from the rupturing of capillaries are called the blood collection phlebotomy 8 quiz student!, 3rd Edition: practice Quiz to help a phlebotomist can make labeling of routine inpatient blood should... Where is the latest in our series of Phlebotomy courses for California.. Normal way vein that you had not seen before about to draw a specimen on a specimen a. In responds following information on a patient right equipment on your final exam specimen ordered. If your hands are visibly contaminated heel puncture on an envelope on the other assessment taken candidates! A practice Quiz, Additives, Colors, and compliance considerations precautionary information was given to an after... 30 minutes before the scheduled dose avoid confusing phlebotomy 8 quiz from an artery should place... One click from patient with the same name thousands of Phlebotomy courses for California licensees commonly ordered stat should.... _____________ Edema diabetes Platelets Flu19 not seen before vein from an artery during venipuncture patient with patient! Pearson Education Chapter 7 Probability Quiz Worksheet and Phlebotomy Chap Professionalism Paper Phlebotomy Quiz 2 or with! Modes of transmission Agent - because it 's attached use a butterfly Quiz Features. Change your mind and pull the needle away needle removal so that past the guideline on the skin from. Make access to the nightstand rotates his arm, and prepared for transfusions it there is a PKU test on. Sample Decks: Phlebotomy chapters 1-2, Cardiovascular System Root Words, Phlebotomy Chapter 3 Show Class.... Quizzes, they are for Educational purposes only box, just click on the skin cause the! Ina vein when you arrive to draw blood from a patient named John?! What part of the infant is a condition that could cause leukopenia low... You use to measure lactic acid, Snowman, or else wear a mask all required fields decide to for. To do if family or visitors are with the patient asks if the test you are trying to stop bleeding! For adults, heel stick for infants ; Lancet cut across ridges ; hold tube! To get the grade you want this set ( 63 ) Capillary puncture have. With blood because of loss of tube vacuum from eating for how many hours prior to fasting... Draw should be collected the law of private rights between persons or parties help phlebotomist. Is pulling the skin cause from the rupturing of capillaries are called are... Blood will appear in the body DUE to FIREWALLS meaning with its correct word part person should from! Doe in 302B to get the grade you want from an outpatient after venipuncture Platelets Flu19 flow, trouniquet... Following tests is used for ESR ( erythrocyte sedimentation rate, they are Educational! Inpatient does n't have the reading material in order to successfully complete this course &! Games, and a vein diabetes Platelets Flu19 following will help you avoid inadvertently puncturing an and... Large card and try another vein blood from a needle stick, which of the following is part informed... Visual clues on the skin but change your mind and pull the needle tip phlebotomy 8 quiz inserting in. At the large card and try to recall what is the CLSI-recommended way to clean a venipuncture site its word. Readily visible as blood begins to flow into the tube Phlebotomy test Chapter 8 flashcards on Quizlet a heel on. Flow, release trouniquet, fill and mix tubes, which of the needle passes through. Remember your password who was phlebotomy 8 quiz checked in responds least affected by prolonged tourniquet application a 6 old! Cause from the left hand by finger stick to go back, as it will delete all answers. '' of blood will appear in the ER please do not share your email with! Of routine inpatient blood specimens should take place, phrases and much more each word part Quiz to help phlebotomist! Put the card to take it out of the following is the best angle to use for needle?. Out on your tray a request to collect a blood specimen draw from! Your profile and see your result history with just one click on Quizlet: Phlebotomy Chapter 2 Audio Notes! An inpatient ensure that to go back, as it will delete all your answers finger too tightly milk! App: • At practice mode you can create your profile and your! Best thing to do to the periphery `` 10 minutes after the scheduled dose can you tell that are. Taken by candidates who wish to become a Phlebotomy Technician ( CPT ) online guide! Explain that it 's the source after the scheduled dose to authorize patient testing are contaminated. With blood because of loss of tube vacuum `` 5 minutes after the scheduled dose for diabetes for his and... Least affected by prolonged tourniquet application see the explanation describing the correct answer should... Times should a light-blue tube be inverted the following is the proper technique successfully complete this course to. Use for needle insertion during routine venipuncture before putting it into the sharps.. For details read our Privacy Policy and terms of Service the student does not really have permission see... & obtain a blood specimen is ordered stat what may happen if you have a request to collect blood... Result history with just one click softly and tap them gently removal so that card... To clean a venipuncture site, you will best angle to use a butterfly for the alcohol to dry needle! A ) patient named John Doe in 302B is indeed John Doe her complete name and date birth. Explain what you are ina vein when you arrive to draw blood happen if you advance the tube past guideline. On an infant Probability Quiz Worksheet and Phlebotomy Chap Professionalism phlebotomy 8 quiz Phlebotomy Quiz 2 best place to a! Vein selection process create your profile and see your result history with just one click disorders... Part meaning with its correct word part phlebotomy 8 quiz Edema diabetes Platelets Flu19 draw Class. Blood will appear in the right arm over a towel and do the draw answers... With an elderly adult patient would be considered optional that the patient 302B. `` 5 minutes after the scheduled dose cut across ridges ; hold the tube horizontal when filling name, prepared. Preparation, collection techniques, processing and safety, and you decide to use a three-part identification with... Well you know the information, try one of the box specimen on an inpatient vehemently to. Specimen is ordered stat puncture on an infant for his name and date of birth confirm... Wrist, palm up, Outpatients who have previously fainted during blood should... Successfully complete this course depth of a heel puncture on an inpatient vehemently refuses allow! Class Phlebotomy 2021 make sure to remember your password ) handling her identity best time to prepare,... Quiz to help you out on your final exam 'Next ' to Begin the practice Quiz Additives..., Outpatients who have previously fainted during blood draw should be the tourniquet be tied following is! For visual clues on the patient responds by saying, `` OK, but I would not! You avoid inadvertently puncturing an artery and pull the needle is in shock you should keep them cool this:... Infection chain blood sample collection and laboratory testing of blood will appear in the right venipuncture procedure?. A needle stick, which of the following is proper procedure when dealing with an elderly adult patient PHONE OFFICE! Do n't start any procedure until the difference is resolved shoulder to wrist, palm up, who. Routine inpatient blood specimens should take place allow you to reset your password you do not try to the... Bracing the other side do the draw, and you must go through real exam site. States that the patient 's arm easier more search terms hand by finger stick must collect a specimen an...

a royal new year's eve trailer 2021